March 24, 2020
BORTOLOTTO is currently seeking consultants whom are hard working, passionate and committed. We are looking for a consultant to provide approximately six days per month or as required to perform the work successfully. During the Covid-19 crisis, the consultant will work remotely. It is expected that once authorities have determined that working from the work place is safe, the consultant will work from the Bortolotto office located near Bloor and Christie. The work involves close collaboration with the business owner and team.
We are looking for a Finance Manager/Bookkeeper that has:
• A minimum of 8 years full time working experience in the role of accountant and or bookkeeper.
• Diploma or Degree in Accounting.
• Thorough understanding of corporate finance and accounting, accounts payables, accounts receivables, corporate tax, HST installments, journal entries, Ceridian payroll, bank and credit card reconciliation procedures.
•Excellent written and oral communication skills and must have strong interpersonal skills.
•Financial experience in the architecture industry is an asset.
Fluent working knowledge and capability in the following programs:
• Quickbooks and Quickbooks Cloud
• Microsoft Outlook 365
• Microsoft Office Suite. Specifically, excellent working skills with Excel and Word.
• Ceridian Payroll
Finance Manager/Bookkeeper Qualifications / Skills / Character:
• Ability to provide reports and to analyze and communicate the information.
• Ability to deal with complexities.
• Data entry skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Understanding of maintaining confidentiality at all levels and of all information.
• Thorough and focused work and ensures the highest level of accuracy and precision in all areas of work.
• Working collaboratively and working closely with the business owner and team.
• Cares deeply and takes responsibility for their work.
• Strong work ethic, hard working, honest and loyal.
• Prepare and manage bi-weekly/monthly invoicing with an understanding of phases of work, change orders, purchase orders, reimbursed expenses etc.
• Ceridian payroll and source deductions.
• Prepare and manage corporate tax and HST instalments in a timely and effective manner.
• Manage the accounts payables and receivables, including making collection calls.
• Draft and prepare client contracts.
• Coordinate corporate and personal income taxes, review company financial statements, and prepare the company
file for the fiscal year-end with company accountant.
• Remit T4s, T1’s etc.
• Prepare and review with owner fiscal budgets. Provide monthly and year to date analyses vs budgets on a monthly basis. Review all reports such as AP/AR/P&L/Bal Sheet etc. on a monthly basis.
• Prepare deposits.
• Advise on areas regarding potential cost savings and increased profit margins.
• Advise and track payroll, benefits, vacation and wellness days, severance etc.
BORTOLOTTO is an award-winning architecture and interior design firm that strives to create innovative built environments that uplift the human experience. The firm believes that architecture has an enormous impact on society’s quality of life. We are a dynamic, fast paced and deadline oriented firm working on exciting educational, workplace, retail and residential projects. Visit us at Bortolotto.com
We are excited to receive your qualifications. Please e-mail your resume with subject heading: Finance Manager/Bookkeeper to: [email protected] . All applications are kept strictly confidential. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.